The institute has been engaged in several innovative, operational, educational, epidemiological, and translational researches along with some basic research in collaborations. A list of some of our recent and old peer reviewed publications are placed below to highlights our research activities. A list of some of our publications elaborates the claims. Most of these works been done without any support from outside and this remains a reason that the institute could not generate very high quality evidence in many important areas.
1. Bhattacharyya PS, Mondal A, Dey R, Saha D, Saha G. Novel algorithm to identify and differentiate specific digital signature of breath sound in patients with diffuse parenchymal lung disease. Respirology 2015;20,633-639
2. Bhattacharyya P, Dey R, Saha D, Nag S, Ghosh S, Chowdhury SR, et al. Role of doxycycline to resolve different types of non-malignant lung and pleural pathology: The result of a pilot observation. Lung India 2015; 32:40-3
3. Bhattacharyya PS, Sen P, Ghosh A, Saha C, Bhattacharyya PP, Das A, Majumdar K, GuhaMajumdar D. Chronic lung diseaseand detection of pulmonary artery dilation in high resolution computerized tomography of chest in chronic arsenic exposure. Journal of environmental science and health, Part A: Toxic/Hazardous substances and Environmental Engineering 2014:49,1453-61.
4. Bhattacharyya PS, Saha D, Bhattacharjee P, Paul R, Dey R, Ghosh M. Long-term doxycycline and lung function in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A pilot observation. Lung India, 2014:31. 306 – 7.
5. Bhattacharyya PS, Chatterjee S, Bhattacharjee P, Saha D, Dey R. Treating tubercular pleural thickening with doxycycline: the result of an open, real world, pilot observation. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science, May – June (2014):4: 3. 99 – 105.
6. Mondal A, Bhattacharyya PS, Saha G. Detection of Lungs Status Using Morphological Complexities of Respiratory Sounds. The Scientific World Journal,2014:10.1155
7. Mondal A, Bhattacharyya PS, Saha G. An automated tool for localization of heart sound components S1, S2, S3 and S4 in pulmonary sounds using Hilbert transform and Heron’s formula. Springer Plus, 2013: 2:512
8. Bhattacharyya P, Paul R, Bhattacharjee P, Ghosh A, Dey R, Ghosh M, Sharma M. Long-term use of doxycycline can improve chronic asthma and possibly remodeling: the result of a pilot observation. J Asthma and Allergy, 2012;5:33-7.
9. Bhattacharyya P, Acharjee D, Ray SN, Sharma RK, Tiwari P, Paul R, De N, Nag S, Bardhan S, Dey R, Ghosh M, De R, Sharma SK. Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction in COPD may manifest Myocardial Ischemia. COPD, 9:1–5, 2012.
10. Bhattacharyya P, Paul R, Ghosh M, Dey R, Dey R, Barooah N, Islam S, Acharya D, Nag S, Bardhan S. Prevalence of Osteoporosis and Osteopenia in advanced COPD patients. Lung India 2011; 28:184-86.
11. Mondol A, Bhattacharyya P, Saha G. Reduction of heart sound interference from lung sound signals using empirical mode decomposition technique. Journal of Medical Engineering & Technology, 2011, 1-10, Early Online.
12. Mishra A, Bhattacharyya P, Paul S , Paul R, Swarnarkar S. An alternative therapy for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis by Doxycycline through Matrix metallo proteinase inhibition. Lung India 2011; 28(3):174-179.
13. Bhattacharyya P, Bardhan S, Nag S, Mukherjee S, Verma A. Transthoracic decompression of emphysematous bulla. The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences. 2011; 53: 51-53.
14. Bhattacharyya P, Paul R, Nag S, Bardhan S, Saha I, Ghosh M, Dey R, Dey R, Islam S, Acharyya (Ghosh) D. Treating asthma: Identification of the practice behavior and the deviation from the guideline recommendation. Lung India 2010; 27(3): 141-144.
15. Mukherjee A, Sarkar A, Saha I, Biswas B, Bhattacharyya P S. Outcomes of different subgroups of smear-positive retreatment patients under RNTCP in rural West Bengal, India. Rural and Remote Health 9: 926. (Online), 2009. [Available from : http:/www.rrh.org.au].
16. Bhattacharyya P, Nag S, Bardhan S, Acharya D, Paul R, Dey R, Ghosh M, Dey R, Saha I. The role of Long Term Doxycycline in patients of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: the results of an open prospective trial. Lung India 2009; 26: 81-85.
17. Bhattacharyya P, Dutta A, Sarkar D, Nag S, Roychowdhury S, Sarkar A, Ghosh S. Endobronchial Sealing of Bronchopleural Fistula following Capnographic Detection: A New Mode of Therapy. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2008; 50:29-34.203-208
18. Bhattacharyya P, Dutta A, Sarkar D, Nag S, Roychowdhury S, Sarkar A, Ghosh S. Endobronchial Sealing of Bonchopleural Fistula following Capnographic Detection: A New Mode of Therapy. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2008; 50:29-34.203-208
19. DasGupta A, Bagchi A, Nag S, Bardhan S, Bhattacharyya P. Profile of respiratory problems in patients presenting to a referral pulmonary clinic. Lung India 2008; 25: 4-7.
20. Bhattacharyya P, Sarkar D, Nag S, Ghosh S, Roychowdhury S. Transbronchial decompression of emphysematous bullae: a new therapeutic approach. EurRespir J 2007; 29: 1003 – 1006.
21. Bhattacharyya P, Nag S, (Acharyya) Ghosh D, Roychowdhury S, Bardhan S, Mukherjee A. Treatment of Probable Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis with Long Term doxycycline, a matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor. Indian Journal of Chest Disease and Allied Sciences 2007; 49:180.
22. Bhattacharyya P, Sarkar D, Ghosh S, Nag S, Roy Chowdhury S, Bardhan S, Banerjee A, Dutta A. The Evaluation of the Technical Details of Bronchoscopic Endobronchial Sealing – a review of 67 patients. Indian Journal of Chest Disease and Allied Sciences 2007; 49:137-141.
23. Bhattacharyya P, Acharyya D, Roychowdhury S, Nag S, Bardhan S, Mukherjee A, Sarkar D, Dey R. Can diastolic dysfunction lead to exacerbation of COPD-An experience of two cases. Current Medical Trends 2007; 11:2109-14.
24. Bhattacharyya P, Acharyya D, Roychowdhury S, Nag S. Role of Matrix Metalloprateinases in the Pathophysiology of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Lung India 2007; 24: 61 – 65.
25. Bhattacharyya P. Endobronchial treatment of hemoptysis. Indian journal of Broncholology: Volume 1: 91: 3. 2006.
26. GuhaMazumder D. N., Steinmaus Graig, Bhattacharyya P, Ehrenstein Ondine S. von, Ghosh Nilima, Gotway Michael, SilArabinda, Balmes John R., Haque Reina, Smith Meera M. Hira, Smith Allan H. Bronchiectasis in Persons With Skin Lesions Resulting From Arsenic in Drinking Water. Epidemiology 2005; 16: 760-765.
27. Bhattacharyya P, Sarkar D, Ghosh S, Nag S, Banerjee S. Treating Acute Massive Hemoptysis with endobronchial sealing–A New Treatment Modality. Current Medical Trends 2003; 7: 1384-88.
28. Bhattacharyya P, Dutta A, Samanta AN, Roy Chowdhury S. New Procedure: BronchoscopicEndobronchial Sealing: A New Mode of Managing hemoptysis. CHEST 2002; 121: 2066-69.